We Are Hiring - Join Us!
April 22, 2019
Program Assistant for Conservation and Stewardship (part-time)
The Clear Lake Township Land Conservancy (Conservancy) in NE Indiana is seeking a motivated individual with interest in preservation of natural resources and taking an active role in land and water conservation in northeastern Indiana.
The Conservancy, a steadily growing organization focused on the protection of the natural environment of Clear Lake Township, requires the employment of a Program Assistant to support the Executive Director in conservation operations and stewardship activities.
The Program Assistant is a part-time position to be filled by a qualified individual who will work with the Conservancy Executive Director assisting and supporting day-to-day operations, community outreach, Conservancy communications, and property stewardship activities. The work will be in a wide range of tasks/projects that directly influence the efficiency and effectiveness of the Conservancy in fulfilling its mission, such as:
-- designated general administration responsibilities;
-- research of and application for grants;
-- development of informational website materials and social media content;
-- manage community conservation programs and volunteers;
-- manage land stewardship and educational events enabling the organization’s continued growth and capacity building into the future.
- Environmental based studies/education or experience related to the Conservancy’s mission
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Resourceful and tenacious problem solving leading to successful outcomes
- Demonstrated event planning skills/experience
- Ability to physically work outdoors in a variety of terrain and weather conditions
- Ability to lead school and other groups on hikes in excess of three miles
- Willingness to work some evenings and selected weekends and with some travel
- Experience in recruiting, training, and managing volunteers
- Experience working and communicating with adults and children in group settings
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and critical eye for accuracy
- Experience preparing and managing proposals for grant submission/capture
- Pleasant and enthusiastic personality with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Satisfactory background check
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn other administrative and marketing platforms (i.e. QuickBooks, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Little Green Light, etc.)
Email resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Bridget Harrison at email@example.com. In the subject line put Program Assistant for Conservation and Stewardship. No phone calls, please.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Click here to download the above job description.